I enjoyed experimenting with this recipe. It turned out very tasty, but I think I made my crust a little too thin because some pieces came apart while eating. My mom came up with the brilliant idea that this recipe would be great for making mini pizza-like appetizers, and I fully agree! You could then mix and match toppings to a greater extent creating even more variety! I am definitely going to try that sometime soon… if only I hosted more dinner parties…
Recipe adapted from: http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
- 4 cups raw cauliflower rice (about one medium head)
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/3 cup soft goat cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in food processor to make a rice-like texture (definitely helps to do it in batches instead of all at once)
- Microwave cauliflower rice covered for 4 minutes
- Let cauliflower rice cool a little bit then transfer it into a clean dish towel and work hard to SQUEEZE as much water as you can out.
- In a large bowl mix rice, egg, goat cheese and spices, preferably with your hands
- Press dough out on top of baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (I pressed mine out a little too thin, so make sure it’s at least 1/3-1/2 inch thick…this is where making mini appetizers would be useful instead)
- Bake for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown
- Add whatever toppings you would like. I experimented with half marinara sauce half pesto, goat cheese and some with mozzerella too, and then carmelized onions, mushrooms and part with some left over chicken. Aka you can get creative.
- Put back in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Take out, cut and serve!