A lovely dinner: Cilantro onion chicken with brown rice and salad. Paired with a summertime margarita!
On Saturday, after spending the whole day at the beach in Rockport, we came home to make margaritas and guacamole. Both my mom and I had been itching to make margaritas, and paired with the lime infused guacamole made for a great pre dinner, post ocean happy hour…I love the conversations that flow with a little tequila after a fun summertime afternoon! We followed no strict recipes tonight, but I’m going to try and write out what we made, because it was a wonderful meal. My feeling on guacamole is you should never follow a recipe, just go with what you have and keep tasting it until it tastes right. Ours last night included avocados, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper….and was pretty darn good.
Cilantro Onion chicken recipe: (Very simple, yet delicious)
- 1 and ½ white onions, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Dry white wine
- Sautee the chopped onions in a pan until they get pretty soft (oh boy do I love the taste of caramelized onions)
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and let them cook with the onions
- Add white wine to the pan
- After the chicken has been cooking for about 10 minutes add the cilantro into the pan
- Keep cooking the chicken until it’s done. Adding more white wine as needed. We covered the pan towards the end to speed up the process.
We paired this with a simple salad from the night before (greens, tomato, cucumber, fennel, bell peppers and pea sprouts)
Depending on how many people you want to serve: combine equal parts lemon or lime juice (or both), triple sec, tequila and orange juice. Serve over ice. Mmm delicious and refreshing.